Job Title: Utilities Manager
Reports to: Head of FM/Head of sustainability
The Management Recruitment Group are working exclusively with Industrials REIT, who are seeking a Utilities Manager located in Stockport to join at an exciting time in the company’s business growth. They’re seeking a professional who is meticulous with a keen attention to detail and will strive to continuously improve systems and processes. Working as part of a wider team and with their utility broker, customers and asset management teams, the incoming Utilities Manager will be responsible for leading the utilities program and in particular oversee the procurement of these services.
Industrials REIT is multi-let industrial property company wholly owned by Blackstone. They own and operate a diversified portfolio of purpose built multi-let industrial (MLI) properties across the UK. They have offices in London and Stockport, and own and manage more than 100 industrial estates which are home to over 1,500 customers. They have significant growth ambitions and available capital to invest and are expecting to increase the size of their portfolio rapidly over the coming years. They focus on delivering a quality experience for their customers by creating a straightforward, supportive, transparent and a frictionless process.
They have invested in a technology-driven market-leading operating platform called Industrials Hive to support the gradual digitalization and improvement of their customer experience and to drive occupancy and income. This platform covers all elements of our business, from marketing through to leasing, and from property management through to finance. They use it to deliver value and growth opportunities for all their stakeholders.
- Lead the operation of the utilities program working alongside our utility broker
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure any utilities issues that arise are dealt with expediently
- Manage utilities procurement to ensure our customers are receiving value for money
- Ensure all stakeholders receive reporting against KPIs and visibility on performance
- Manage and oversee the onboarding of new assets from a utilities perspective
- Work with the sustainability team to develop energy management and renewable energy solutions across our estates
- Seek to enhance and drive efficiencies through the utility business
- Manage the utilities recharge and expenditure process
- 3-5 years with a utility company or similar relevant experience
- Strong understanding of the energy/utility markets and its operation
- Ability to manage projects under tight timelines
- Strong manager with an inclusive/collaborative approach, able to engage others on a vision and gain buy in to achieve results
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
In return, this role offers a competitive salary with discretionary performance linked bonus. Additional benefits include pension, health, and life insurance.
Please get in touch with The Management Recruitment Group to find out more about this opportunity.
Enquiries and applications can be made here or sent directly to David Craven The Management Recruitment Group.