Senior Manager, Temporary Communities & Operations.
The Senior Manager, Temporary Communities & Operations will be responsible for managing – from development to operations – all temporary communities, that will provide the required accommodation to the organisations employees and rest of business partners who assist in the delivery of the permanent communities. Considering the limited availability of accommodation in the vicinity, this is becoming a crucial and urgent requirement for the successful delivery of the rest of the assets in the region. The delivery of these communities is expected to continue over the next 7+ years with many planned to be repurposed as permanent communities in the future.
Key Accountabilities & Activities
Support the leadership team by delivering and managing the Temporary Communities. Define the strategic vision for the portfolio that focuses on the activation of the communities and ensures optimal financial performance while serving our staff and business partners accommodation needs.
- Make activating the community the first and top priority.
- Prepare departmental budgets and report to leadership on CapEx, OpEx, Revenue estimates and portfolio P&L
- Ensure optimal occupancy across the portfolio.
- Ensure timely vendor payments and collection of fees
- Prolong the useful life of the assets – safeguard and monitor their condition, ensure optimal maintenance and oversee fit-out work to ensure it is as per prescribed standards
- Develop a customer service framework that meets our customer/tenant promise.
- Manage the service providers (ie facilities management team) and contractors and oversee their performance, quality SLAs and overall operating model for the communities
- Manage tenant relationships and ensure health & safety, liveability, and quiet enjoyment.
- Communicate effectively and timely across communities and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Retail sector to activate the community.
- Work closely with the Investor Care Centre department to manage incoming demand.
- Work closely with City Management and Mobility to ensure all services are provided.
Type of Assets under scope
Expected temporary communities currently (with more to be potentially added) include:
- Expansion of the community to reach 700+ units.
- Expansion of an additional Business Community, with more than 2,000 units that will house up to 3,500 population. This will include a mix of residential units, office space, retail offerings supporting the community, F&B, clinic and leisure/recreational facilities
- Development of temporary hotel type accommodation with a minimum of 400 units
- Temporary accommodation within the area (under lease) with the relevant upgrades required Communities to accommodate construction staff.
Leading and growing a team.
- Develop, in coordination with the Executive Director the organogram for the team
- Drive the recruitment efforts, in coordination with HR.
- Lead the team, set their KPIs, provide daily support, mentoring, and constructive feedback.
- Act as the key interface for all internal stakeholders, including other teams, sectors, and senior leadership.
- Represent the temporary communities in all interactions (as required) with external stakeholders, including consultants, tenants, authorities having jurisdiction, vendors etc.
- Ensure all reporting to senior management is prepared on time and at the expected quality level.
Background, skills & qualifications
- 15+ years of experience in hospitality, community operations and real estate.
- 10+ years of program management experience
- Deep working knowledge of the life cycle of the real estate development process, from project inception to opening and asset management
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse work environment with substantial lateral stakeholder management.
- Excellent use of MS Office
- Passion for developing well-executed projects in a dynamic and creative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, Capital Programs, Hospitality, Business, Architecture, Engineering or Construction
- Advanced degrees in one of the above fields is also desirable.