Leitung Hausverwaltung – Head of Property- CinemaxX
Location: Hamburg, Germany
We’re seeking a senior Property Management/Asset Management professional with solid technical experience within the European Retail & Leisure market who’s looking for their next challenge, overseeing a varied cross-country portfolio.
CinemaxX owns, operates, and manages cinemas, multiplexes, and movie theatres across Europe under the brand names CinemaxX and Vue. Taking care of an established portfolio, the Head of Property will oversee the Vue Group Property Strategy for CinemaxX, ensuring the Territory’s assets are being managed in a way that delivers optimum property costs. They’ll be responsible for ensuring that local Landlords comply with their legal obligations under the terms of their leases and that cinema operations are not affected by any shortcomings in either party’s failures to do so.
Working alongside the Exec Director of Property, the Head of Property will have the opportunity to define and implement the retail leasing strategy and secure the best financial deals in relation to lease re-gears, extensions, and termination.
The Head of Property will oversee a team of Property Managers; providing support and guidance through strong leadership, utilising their skillset to achieve the company’s goals. They will also be closely involved in setting KPIs and monitoring team performance.
They’ll need to have strong technical experience around lease management and deal making; working closely with Landlords and Agents to negotiate deals which deliver maximum growth and optimise the portfolio. They’ll also be expected to source new retail sites; identifying new opportunities, plus negotiating heads of terms and lease contracts.
The Head of Property will need to have strong communication skills in order to establish and maintain direct relationships with external property consultants, to ensure they have the relevant information and instruction to conduct negotiations that deliver agreed leases for new sites, lease extensions, re-gears and lease terminations.
In addition to a solid track record within the retail and/or leisure industries, this role also requires strong financial skills in order to facilitate the preparation of annual budgets and updated financial forecasts for the lease management elements of the property department, as well as reviewing the annual budget for approval.
Technical Knowledge & Experience Required
- A senior property management professional with a strong technical background and solid understanding of lease re-gears, extensions and terminations.
- Experience of delivering and implementing a lease management strategy that delivers against business goals.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating high value commercial Lease and re-gear property deals that ensure best value is obtained and effective working relationships are maintained.
- Up to date knowledge of property law.
- Up to date knowledge of property and asset management legislation.
- Vision: Able to identify and articulate a clear plan and take the lead in its implementation.
- Commercial acumen: Able to assess commercial opportunities.
- Negotiation: Advanced negotiation skills. Able to take a prominent lead in negotiations with Landlords to create beneficial commercial outcomes.
- Influencing and persuading: Proven ability to influence effectively at senior levels. Ability to deliver change and have an impact across all functions and beyond core areas of responsibility through a diplomatic, yet tenacious approach.
- Relationship building: Creates a positive impact with gravitas and credibility within the organisation and externally. Ability to quickly build relationships that add value to business performance.
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to CinemaxX/Vue’s recruitment partner, The Management Recruitment Group.
If you’d like to find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Matthew Evans or Emilia Fasano at The Management Recruitment Group.
m: 07854 865017 | t: 020 3962 9900
m: 07851259868 | t: 020 3962 9900