LEAD PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER / ASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTS / CLIENT SIDE
Associated British Ports (ABP) is the UK’s leading and best-connected port owner and operator, with a network of 21 ports handling around a quarter of the UK’s seaborne trade. Handling £150b of UK trade every year, these ports connect the nation’s importers and exporters to global markets. They also support 119,000 jobs and contribute £7.5 billion to the economy every year, handling £150 billion of trade.
With a landbank of over 1000 hectares, a tenant portfolio of over 1,000 tenants and strategically located ports, ABP has a uniquely diverse portfolio. Access to cross-sector growth opportunities, makes it a forward-thinking, fast-paced and dynamic place to work.
The Lead Property Development Manager, as part of the new ABP Property strategy, will play a crucial role in the development process of ABP’s strategic land holdings appraising viability and deliverability
- Assisting the Lead Property Asset Manager with sourcing new sites and opportunities – specifically on the technical aspects/appraisal of a site
- Identification and supporting due diligence on new site acquisitions
- Working with the external planning team on the promotion of sites through the planning process. Manage all wider non-development planning matters across the region.
- Preparation of appraisals and reports. Financial feasibility studies and viability appraisals
- Assisting the Lead Property Asset Manager in all aspects of the marketing process from managing the marketing team to disposal
- Working alongside the overall Project Manager and consultant teams as Property Lead on development projects, ensuring they are developed in line with market expectation and maximising value to ABP.
- All facets of development appraisal work from land acquisition, through working alongside the overall Project Manager on the full development and delivery phase of the project.
- Lead and manage property funding opportunities.
- Work with stakeholders on management of the disposal of property assets.
- Previous, proven experience of cradle to grave property development
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and ability to manage, end to end development process from a technical perspective
- Proven experience of the appointment and successful management of consultants
- Proven experience of risk identification, assessment and mitigation
- Comprehensive understanding of the UK planning process and laws
- The job holder will have the ability to quickly strike rapport with internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent networking skills – capable of operating in varying cultural environments in a development process
- Analytical – capable of articulating and reporting using business and financial metrics
- Able to interpret complex information and data
- Ability to undertake development appraisals – sound experience of Argus Developer
- An understanding of environmental and sustainability best practice
- Full driving licence
For a confidential conversation please contact Daniah Williams MRICS
m: 07989 435 960 / e: email@example.com