Interim Senior Project Manager (Estates/Construction)
Education – North West/Scottish Borders
- c 6 months
- Hybrid working pattern
- C £70,000 – £80,000 Per Annum FTC or Equivalent Day Rate
About the client
The Management Recruitment Group is recruiting an Interim Senior Project Manager to assist with pre-construction activities and deliver a multi-million £ capital development programme on behalf of a leading education provider in the North West.
Working across a diverse estate, accountabilities will include: –
- Assist in pre-construction activities including defining scope, agreeing budgets and cost control, analysing project relates risks and project planning
- Assist in the delivery of a £15m education campus development/construction programme
- Assist in pre-construction activities for a £70m new-build campus development/construction programme including feasibility studies and programme set-up
- Management of external contractors and consultancies
- Ensure projects are being delivered to on time, within budget and to the required quality
- Oversee design, procurement and contract management activities
- Management of project performance
- Professional qualification such as MRICS, MCIOB or working towards
- Ideally a project management qualification such as MAPM
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject such as Construction Management or similar
- Proven track record in a senior level project management position
- Experience delivering projects across a diverse estate
- Ideally you will have client-side experience within the public sector (i.e. education, NHS, local or central government) or suitable consultancy experience
- Pre-construction and major capital delivery experience
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability present to wide audiences
- Willingness to travel to-site as required
- Experience managing project performance and able to produce comprehensive reports
- Available to start at short notice
What to do now
For a confidential discussion, please contact the retained recruitment advisor handling this assignment – Edward Kaye (Edward.Kaye@mrgpeople.co.uk) of The Management Recruitment Group.
This is an urgent post and is open until filled.
Equality & Diversity Statement
MRG Interim Executives shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment, or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for temporary workers. MRG Interim Executives will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.