Interim Building Surveyor (Minor Works – Education)
Education – West Midlands
- c 3 – 4 months
- Hybrid working pattern (minimum 3 days per week on-site)
- PAYE – c £250 Per Day + 12.07% Holiday Pay
About the client
On behalf of a leading University, MRG Interim Executives are recruiting a client-side Interim Building Surveyor to manage minor works schemes including refurbishments, conversions, renewals and maintenance contracts.
Working within an estates team across a large educational campus, accountabilities will include: –
- Management of contractors and overseeing works
- Drafting specification of works
- Management of multiple minor works projects with values ranging between £20-£25k on average
- Management of a variety of building projects including refurbishments, conversions, renewals, fit-out and maintenance contracts
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget and to required standards
- Identification and negotiation of cost through liaison with contractors
- Management of works on a variety of University building type’s including heritage, commercial office space, student accommodation, lecture theatre’s, laboratories
- Facilitate JCT contracts/processes for construction projects
- Driver’s licence and vehicle to travel to site
- Willingness to work on-site minimum 3 days per week
- Recognised surveying qualification such as RICS/CIOB (or working towards)
- Good relationship/communication skills – able to manage contractors
- Experience managing building/construction projects such as refurbishments, conversions, maintenance and fit-out
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience managing minor schemes
- JCT experience
- Client-side experience ideally gained across public sector estates for example NHS, local authority or education
- Experience gained in building surveyor, estates surveyor or project surveyor
What to do now
For a confidential discussion, please contact the retained recruitment advisor handling this assignment – Edward Kaye (Edward.Kaye@mrgpeople.co.uk) of The Management Recruitment Group on 07779 412 380.
Applications should consist of a CV and a supporting statement.
This is an urgent post and is open until filled.
Equality & Diversity Statement
MRG Interim Executives shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment, or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for temporary workers. MRG Interim Executives will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.