Managing a European bid team. Fancy it?
You will be managing a team of 5. You will be working on UK and international bids. You’ll have the autonomy to shape and develop the bid function with the backing of the business. Sound good so far?
As an experienced Head of Bids, you know what it takes to successfully manage and drive a bid function. You can wear many hats, juggle many balls, all whilst securing millions of pound worth of business. Oh, and managing a team of course!
If you are not yet at ‘head of’ level but are a senior bid manager ready to take the next step, please continue reading as this could still be the role for you.
This is a replacement role. And stepping into someone else’s shoes can be daunting. But rest assured, this is a role for you to put your own stamp on.
The salary is up to £75,000 with a 10% bonus, however if you’re above that salary banding, there may be some flexibility.
What you’ll be doing
- You will lead and support a virtual bid team of 5
- You will manage inputs from key stakeholders, engaging with people across finance, sales, marketing, legal etc
- You’ll develop suitable KPI’s for the bid team and monitor performance against agreed KPI’s
Day to day responsibilities
- You’ll focus on continuous improvement of the bid strategy, playing a key role in identifying value for the customers
- You will define, develop and implement winning bid strategies around customer evaluation criteria to maximise commercial performance, whilst minimising risk to the business
- Working to deadline is key, so you’ll ensure timescales are achieved at every step of the bid process
- With support of the innovation and change functions, you’ll ensure new developments in the solution are clearly articulated in future bids
- You’ll identify, report and escalate risk, ensuring adequate follow up / remedial action is undertaken and issues are resolved
- The company strive to improve, so you’ll take control of post-bid reviews both internally and with customers to drive continuous improvement
- You will be a champion for bid management best practice
The experience you’ll bring
As an experienced leader, you’ll know what it takes to motivate and drive a team’s performance. You’ll lead by example and be willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in. Sector experience doesn’t matter to my client, what’s important is that you have knowledge and expertise in all stages of the bid process and can effectively bring that into a new sector.
Some people say size doesn’t matter, but if you have experience managing multi-million pound bids, you’ll be ready to take on any opportunity that comes through the door. It doesn’t always come down to numbers, but having a strong commercial understanding, paired with profit and loss experience and risk management skills, will tick a lot of boxes for the client. You’ll be a strong communicator, who can effectively engage with people of all levels, internally and externally.
The company have decades of experience delivering health insurance and employee benefits. They have offices across 4 continents, operate in 30 countries with more than 30,000 staff across the globe, which offers you the chance to bid far and wide! They are innovators, who are dedicated to improving health and wellbeing to their customers. Putting people’s needs first has never been more important, and this is reflected in their passion and commitment to offer the best service. They are a trusted advisor for 45% of Fortune 100 companies in the UK, which means you’ll be joining a well-known business with a great reputation. Pretty easy sell right!
How to apply
For a confidential chat, please get in touch with Hayley Wood at Bid Recruitment. If your CV isn’t up to date, don’t worry. Send me what you have, and we can take it from there.