The purpose of General Cargo Shift Manager is to lead during his shift all general cargo, bulk and passenger operations ensuring smooth 24/7 operations and optimization of process flow, following processes and procedures, real time operations monitoring, safety, reporting, service delivery and leadership of the operations shift team General Cargo Shift Manager should also be the focal point for real time leading, communication, delivering & carrying out all necessary operations job during his shift.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Manage daily operations in his shift all general operations, including but not limited to operations efficiency, safety monitoring, resource deployment and team leading.
- Manage and supervise daily operations across different shifts including weekends and holidays according to business demand.
- Monitoring the GC gear store/locker is well organized and that appropriate systems are in place to properly inspect, repair and replace lifting gear.
- Train, develop and update General Cargo team to KSA and international standards and achieve set KPI together in the coming expansion
- Lead non-containerized operations according to project operating principles of the business and relationships with customers, government entities and port stakeholders
- Participate in developing customer agreements and take responsibility for the execution and maintenance of agreed service levels
- Ensure policies and procedures for safety, environment, and security compliance of all related activity areas
- Actively collaborate with peers in other port workstreams to deliver best possible service delivery solutions
- Contribute to and develop relationships with all shipping lines, agencies, and all related port users
- Handle exceptions and attend to emergencies during shift duty
- To accomplish ad-hoc tasks when require
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead his shift through functional/general expertise in GC operations.
- Solid understanding of the general cargo industry, an ability to relate with shipping company and other parties before and during operations
- Proven experience in safety and productivity improvement as well as implementation of new operation procedure for continuous improvemen
- Able to work round the clock and respond to emergencies/exceptions at any time
- Experience in GC operations automation is highly preferrabl
- Experience in Bulk, Breakbulk & General Cargo TOS usage and implementation is a plus.
- Fundamental process development.
- Have good command of both written and spoken English
- Preferable technical or any other School, College or University Degree Port or related logistics or a marine qualification with some marine/port experience is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the general cargo/bulk and port industry.