This role will work to ensure the organization’s real estate portfolio is fiscally sound. Provides budget and financial analysis reporting to support strategic portfolio decisions.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Build, Manage and maintain financial models for the company, Models include project and portfolio level performance and structured finance.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of real estate budgets and cash flow projections.
- Analyze cash flow statements and compare budgets to actuals and assist with variance explanations, audit and reconcile real estate related revenues and expenses.
- Contribute to the financial management and strategic planning for the real estate assets.
- The ideal candidate should possess working knowledge of real estate fundamentals.
- Assist with the preparation of multifamily applications for financing
- Perform market research to determine/verify economics and to verify assumptions used in models.
- Manage processes, procedures and internal controls for the reporting of asset and portfolio level results
- Monitor and analyze all real estate related revenue and operational budget centers.
- Timely preparation of financial reporting and presentations as needed.
- Collaborate with key associates to coordinate and deliver accurate portfolio results.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years + of relevant experience in Real Estate Finance.
- Experience developing and presenting financial results to diverse audiences including senior leaders.
- Excellent organizational skills with high standards for accuracy and execution required.
- High proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel with ability to manage large amounts of data.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The successful candidate will be highly numerate and have excellent knowledge of Excel and experience in financial modelling and management, including knowledge of VBA.
- Successful Candidate should have the ability to design financial models and improve/review existing financial models including new project business cases, overall P&L, cash forecast. Candidate should have good knowledge of structured modelling of debt facilities and can perform sensitivity analysis on existing or new models.
- Successful Candidate must have experience of building financial models for acquisitions, refinancing, project finance (including PFI/PPP) or other corporate finance transactions focused on the Real-estate/Infrastructure sector to support critical infrastructure, partnership and other investment decisions.
- Possess strong financial acumen, including an astute awareness of wider commercial, business, and economic issues
- Must have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or a related field
- Chartered Financial Analyst or Charted Accountant by CFA Institute