Location: Willenhall, West Midlands
Working Pattern: Office Based
Reports to: Property Director
Excellent benefits and package
Established in 1917, A.F. Blakemore & Sons Ltd is one of the largest and most forward-thinking family-owned businesses in the UK, with a diverse portfolio spanning the breadth of the UK. c To maintain an awareness of and report to the Line Manager all operational issues that may impact on the value of the properties.
The role will have overarching responsibility for Facilities Management and capex projects across Blakemore’s ‘Midlands’ depot sites to include the new Bedford depot, Willenhall Head Office site (circa 250k Sq FT), their Apex 2 slow moving dept (circa 80k Sq Ft), the Jamesbridge Food Service depot (circa 60k Sq Ft) and their meat manufacturing facility at Hilton Cross (circa 30k Sq Ft)
- Responsible for reactive and capex maintenance and legal compliance across the AF Blakemore ‘Midlands’ depots.
- Draft minor works specifications and seek comparison costs, analysing those estimates for best value maintaining a cost-effective solution.
- To monitor and report on the performance of service contractors and take such action as is appropriate.
- Ensure all suppliers adhere to policies and procedures, conversant with risk and have updated and effective assignment instructions or maintenance plans.
- Obtain and analyse compliance and performance reports from all suppliers including environmental reporting in line with the company’s ESG strategy.
- Management of maintenance operatives directly employed by AF Blakemore
- To procure, instruct and manage minor works, capital repairs and planned refurbishments as required.
- Identify key areas where maintenance planning is required, engage, and liaise with 3rd party consultants and suppliers to prepare a planned preventative maintenance schedule for future capex budgeting.
- To assist and ensure that all plant and equipment (including fire equipment) are tested and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and legal requirements; to keep records of testing and all relevant certificates.
- Regular inspections of all parts of the building and plant and equipment.
Support the wider team in relation to energy and water management, reducing utilities consumption and increasing water efficiency, improving and monitoring waste minimisation and recycling.
- Where required in accordance with the property strategy, to develop and manage exit dilapidations works when units are handed back.
Health, Safety and Risk Management
- To organise and co-ordinate site work with the minimum risk to health and safety and to comply with legislation, codes of practice, policies and procedures.
- Be conversant with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated legislation including water hygiene, asbestos and working at height.
- To manage all Health and Safety matters in the building as required, utilising the company H&S system and other record/management system(s), ensuring full compliance.
- To ensure that maintenance and building work on site is limited to trained, authorised employees, approved and competent contractors.
- To assist and ensure that the necessary permissions, insurances, method statements and risk assessments are in place before actual work commences and that these are adhered to.
- Controlling statutory compliance, legislative compliance and best practice.
- To ensure that works designated as high risk are controlled by an effective permit to work system.
- In the event of an accident or dangerous occurrence assist and ensure that temporary measures are taken to make the area safe, then ascertain the circumstances of the incident and report to the Property Director.
- Ensure recording of all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences and complete reports in accordance with the company’s policy.
- To co-operate with the visits made by consultants and auditors appointed.
To be considered
- IOSH / A recognised qualification in building or facility management.
- Understanding of commercial leases and contract law / Knowledge of building contract management
- Conversant with Customer Service Initiatives
- Competent understanding of H&S legislation incl; Gas Regulations, Electricity at Work, Permit to Work etc.
- Budget management experience
- Articulate and excellent written and verbal communicator
A.F. Blakemore are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with A.F. Blakemore's recruitment partner, The Management Recruitment Group.
Daniah Williams MRICS
Business Director – Real Estate m: 07989 435 960 e: firstname.lastname@example.org