ESTATE MANAGER / ASSOCIATED BRITISH PORTS / CLIENT SIDE
Associated British Ports (ABP) is the UK’s leading and best-connected port owner and operator, with a network of 21 ports handling around a quarter of the UK’s seaborne trade. Handling £150b of UK trade every year, these ports connect the nation’s importers and exporters to global markets. They also support 119,000 jobs and contribute £7.5 billion to the economy every year, handling £150 billion of trade.
With a landbank of over 1000 hectares, a tenant portfolio of over 1,000 tenants and strategically located ports, ABP has a uniquely diverse portfolio. Access to cross-sector growth opportunities, makes it a forward-thinking, fast-paced and dynamic place to work.
This role is based in Cardiff and will be responsible for delivering estate management activity and supporting asset management initiatives in respect of an allocated portfolio.
- Ensure the execution of lease events in the best interests of ABP, with the support of the Central Property Function and the including the appointment and oversight of agents and other external advisors as may be required.
- Ensure the execution of the marketing and letting of vacant space in the best interests of ABP, with the support of the Central Property Function and the including the appointment and oversight of agents and other external advisors as may be required.
- Maintain and enhance the quality of the estate through holding ABP and occupiers to account for their contractual obligations, pursuing and closing out dilapidation settlements and preparing business cases for maintenance, MEES compliance and other improvement works. Engaging the support of the Central Property Function and regional colleagues as may be required.
- Understanding emerging external regulatory, environmental, and economic risks.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of estate strategies that optimise income, minimise costs and mitigate risk and liability.
- Ensure the effective on boarding of 3rd party occupiers including credit checks, operational risk assessment, appropriate contract documentation and then hand over of files and notification of appropriate parties when occupation commences.
- Ensure the effective management of queries and complaints. Closing out issues in a timely manner, escalation where appropriate and analysing issues to improve process and
- service delivery.
- Ensure the management of statutory and lease compliance issues through proactive
- (e.g., inspection) and reactive (queries and complaints) measures. Promptly and effectively managing lease consent applications (both as landlord and as tenant).
- Engage with Property Operations Lead and Regional Estate Managers in the development of APB Property best practice process and procedure.
- Act as an advocate and exemplar for delivering and adhering to ABP Property best practice. Seek opportunities for continual improvement.
- Management and development of direct reports
- Ensure effective interface between the regional property team and central functions including Port Business Services and Commercial Data & Analytics.
- Delivery of landlord and tenant negotiations including lettings, rent review, lease exits and lease renewals.
- Inspecting tenanted property and holding parties to account for their obligations.
- Management of individuals or teams.
- Experience of industrial and logistics sector.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Experience of both landlord and occupier estate management – and an appreciation of the different drivers and considerations of each.
For a confidential conversation please contact Daniah Williams MRICS
m: 07989 435 960 / e: email@example.com
Oops! We could not locate your form.