£64,935 to £74,337 per annum plus excellent benefits
Consistently rated amongst the world's best universities, Imperial College London (ICL) is a science-based institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Imperial has one of the largest and most diverse university estate portfolios in the country, with over 500,000 sq.m of space predominately in Central and West London, and further operational, commercial and investment property interests elsewhere in the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, Energy and Environment this newly created post is responsible for all aspects of mechanical, electrical, fire, security and controls engineering. The postholder will develop and manage all technical standards, support project delivery by ensuring that consultant designs are appropriate, and that sustainable, low carbon schemes are implemented, and energy use minimised by good design and installation practices. The post is supported by a well-structured team which includes a Chief Engineer, Controls Engineer, Assistant Building Services Engineer, Electrical Engineer and Fire and Security Engineer.
Main areas of focus include:
- Maintain a technical resource within the Property Team for all mechanical, electrical, fire, security and controls.
- Make policy recommendations regarding technical issues, services strategies and environmental strategies, and ensure their implementation when approved.
- To lead the team in the development of common standards of performance, technical and materials specification for the efficient operation and maintenance of engineering services installations, including consulting with the Head of Maintenance.
- Responsible for agreeing the building engineering services design principles and ensuring, in conjunction with the Head of Maintenance and Head of Projects, that these are implemented in accordance with Imperial College’s strategies and standards.
- The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in delivering high levels of customer service across a similarly diverse and complex estate. You will be an adept leader, with strong people management skills who can foster effective internal and external relationships. This is a role that will suit ‘can do’ individuals with a high level of personal drive and energy.
The candidate brochure can be viewed at Engineering Manager.
To arrange a confidential briefing discussion, please contact our retained advisors Matthew Giles or Nick Coppard of The Management Recruitment Group at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 4th February 2024.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity.??We are also an Athena Bronze SWAN Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Two Ticks Employer.