Director of Strategy and Performance Management (Real Estate Developer)
Permanent, full-time, relocation opportunity – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
About the role:
On behalf of our client, The Management Recruitment Group has been retained exclusively to appoint to the post of Director of Strategy and Performance Management for a Real Estate Developer based in Saudi Arabia. The purpose of the role is to provide strategic direction and oversee our client's strategy function by formulating and monitoring the strategic and business plans to ensure overall organizational strategy is always in line with its mandate, and to develop and implement corporate performance and risk management frameworks and strategies alongside.
Our client is at the very start of a multi-year programme with a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of projects. We are currently sourcing for their newest scheme, a multi-billion dollar master planned development which consists of luxury mansions, commercial anchor assets and mixed use community developments.
With some aspects of the projects started and others still requiring funding and business case preparation, this is a multi-faceted role requiring a full range of skills and capabilities which would suit candidates with experience within the commercial or residential real estate sectors.
- Strategic Development: Lead and direct the development and implementation of the departmental strategy, policies, systems, processes, procedures, and controls – ensuring these are translated into annual operational business plans and both targets and department performance is monitored, measured, and reported.
- Organisational Structure: Lead and direct the development of the departmental structures ensuring resources are optimally utilised.
- Budgeting, Finance Performance and Reporting: Lead and direct the strategic planning process including developing and maintaining overall strategy. You will also guide the development and implementation of the consolidated strategic plan and annual business plan (in cooperation with Finance department for the annual budget as well as oversee the development and implementation of the approved corporate initiatives across departments.
- Risk Management: Lead and direct the development and implementation of the risk management framework, strategy, processes, policies and tools in close coordination with the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Corporate Performance Management: Oversee the design and implementation of effective performance management mechanisms and provide strategic guidance on the development of KPIs to measure, manage, and improve the performance of projects and strategic initiatives.
You will need to be:
You will be an experienced Director with over twenty years of relevant experience in strategy, or any other related field with at least 5 years in positions of progressively increasing leadership responsibilities. While not essential, experience in the real estate industry is preferred.
A degree is a requirement of this position, ideally within a related field such as Finance, Business Management, Economics, Law.
In return, you will be able to have direct oversight and responsibility for one of the world’s most exciting projects. You will be offered a generous compensation package, which will include a guaranteed high basic, bonus, pension, a sign-on bonus, and relocation. All living costs including accommodation, food, transport, laundry and housekeeping are covered, as well as a financial travel package to return to your point of origin.
This is an urgent requirement and as such, applications are open until the role is filled. Interviews will be offered on a first-come first-served basis.
What to do now:
For a confidential discussion, please contact Matthew Donovan (Matthew.Donovan@mrgpeople.co.uk) of The Management Recruitment Group on +447964 465 343. Applications should consist of a CV and a covering note.