Director of Concept & Detailed Design
Permanent, full time (relocation opportunity), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
About the role:
The Management Recruitment Group are thrilled to be exclusively partnering with our client, for the appointment of Director of Concept & Detailed Design for a pioneering and imaginative, mixed-use project based in Saudi Arabia.
This critical role reports to the Executive Director and will lead the concept and detailed design management function. This will include the development review, maintenance of design and architecture standards and guidelines for infrastructure and assets of the project. Ensuring overall cohesiveness and full alignment with the project vision & objectives by effectively managing the design activities.
Our client is at the beginning of this ground-breaking project, consisting of an extensive list of assets, including luxury residential and other leisure/lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and leading the implementation of divisional policies, systems, processes, procedures, and controls so that all relevant legislative and procedural requirements are fulfilled.
- Consistently delivering a quality and cost-effective service.
- Managing the consolidation and recommending the divisional budget and monitoring financial performance versus the budget to identify any variances or performance improvement areas.
- Overseeing the development of architectural standards and guidelines for concept and detailed design, including infrastructure design (electrical and telecom utilities, wet utilities, roads public realm and landscape) and asset design (architectural concept, building services systems and outline structural design).
- Managing the development and implementation of the divisional strategy ensuring alignment to the projects vision, mission, and corporate objectives.
- Leading the talent development initiatives, collaborating with departmental experts, and thereby securing high-calibre talent to fit the business requirements.
- Coordinate with the Development & Asset Management Teams and Investment & Project Feasibility Teams on concept design and feasibility to ensure alignment during design
- Ensuring coordination with the Construction Management division, making sure that delivery is aligned with the designs and providing engineering technical expertise wherever required, to highlight any design concerns or issues.
- Conducting periodical site surveys to ensure that work is carried out to the appropriate standards and agreed quality – in accordance with the approved project brief.
- Ensuring coordination with the Project Procurement for timely and effective procurement of design services.
You will need to be:
- A genius in Architectural and master planning design and project management.
- Able to work with key stakeholders, senior executives, the management team, and external partners.
- Highly organised with an excellent command of the English language – written and spoken.
- Have an outstanding, demonstrable track record of working at the highest standards and delivering remarkable results, including managing change and delivering on growth strategies.
Background, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 15 years relevant experience in design management with at least 3 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
- Exceptional leadership skills and an ability to connect with people to drive successful relationships.
In return, you will be given the free reign to proactively monitor and measure the implementation of the divisional strategy and related strategic plan. You will have direct oversight and responsibility for one of the world’s most exciting projects. You will be offered a generous compensation package, which will include a guaranteed high basic, bonus, pension, a sign-on bonus, and relocation. All living costs including accommodation, food, transport, laundry, and housekeeping are covered, as well as a financial travel package to return to your point of origin.
What to do now:
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nicky Harrison (email@example.com) of The Management Recruitment Group on +447513 721969. Applications should consist of a CV and a relevant project list.
Applications are open until the role is filled.