North West England
Looking for a new challenge or wanting to take your career to the next level?
Does your business have a reduced appetite for growing its pipeline? Are you interested in taking responsibility for all aspects of development on behalf of a successful development group?
This is an opportunity to excel your career by joining a company at the beginning of a significant growth stage with a pipeline of co-living and residential development projects. The role will challenge and encourage you to think creatively to lead and deliver all development activities with GDV assets exceeding £80 million. There are plans to deliver in excess of 400 units per year.
As a strategic appointment, this position reports directly to the CEO and is suited to someone who has demonstrated client-side experience on residential-led projects across the full spectrum of development. Your role will involve managing a team of 8 and understanding key specialisms required in relation to delivery of co-living properties and larger strategic residential developments through the design, planning and delivery phase. Ideally, you will have worked for a residential, co-living, student, or build to rent developer, managing all aspects of the project from planning through construction.
You should be a natural leader able to influence negotiations, lead and develop a team, make risk-based decisions, and develop and deliver the groups business plan. In addition to being a chartered surveyor or holding a similar qualification, the Development Director serves as an ambassador for the company and should reflect their core values. You will be challenged and encouraged to think creatively about how to lead and deliver all development activities.
You have will hold responsibility and have demonstrable track record of the following:
- An effective leader able to maximise the potential from the team. Oversee all personnel in the development team and ensure they are lead and developed to harness their potential.
- Advise the board on the delivery of multiple development projects from concept through to delivery.
- Responsible for all financial, programme and quality issues across the development portfolio.
- Focus the team and external consultants’ attention on commercial drivers to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Manage the acquisition lead and ensure all development opportunities are appropriately modelled and best value is provided.
- Take responsibility for the successful monetisation of all projects, structuring the most effective funding agreements, debt, and equity.
- Lead on the procurement, negotiation, legals, execution and management of third-party debt ensuring best value is provided to the group.
- Where applicable, lead on the negotiation, legals and execution of joint venture and development management agreements.
In return, this role pays a highly remunerative salary plus bonus and a range of benefits – please enquire to find out more. Please get in touch with Austin; firstname.lastname@example.org 07355093392 or apply directly here.