The Control Engineer reports to the MEP Manager/Construction Manager. The Control Engineer manages, evaluates, and assesses building automation and controls for semiconductor fabs, electronics manufacturing, or the pharmaceutical industry, i.e., instrumentation, controls, and life safety systems, etc. to construct the project on time, in a safe manner, within budget, and to the quality specified by the Contract Documents
Responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
• Work with project team to lead the contractors, owner’s consultants, and representatives to ensure optimal alignment and efficient systems installation.
• Prepare and manage the contract item’s list for all components, materials, and systems to ensure that all required-on-job (ROJ) dates comply with the project schedule with the appropriate approval status.
• Review and make improvement suggestions towards automation and control deliverables i.e. IO list generation and design.
• Participate in schedule update meetings and provide the latest information for an informed and accurate schedule.
• Evaluate and manage the processing of RFIs, Submittals, Shop Drawings Review.
• Manage the budget as it relates to control worksincluding review, evaluation, and negotiation of change orders with monitoring the financial status of contractors.
• Participate in value engineering workshops.
• Oversee the contractors’ Control works and coordination, ensuring overall installation complies with the design requirements, operations, and maintenance fundamentals, and quality standards.
• Prepare scope of work documents, as required, with a division of responsibility for contractors and vendors.
• Partner with the Construction Manager for the overall turnover process including start-up, testing, commissioning, and closeout.
• Conduct regular project walkthroughs with the Controlstaff to ensure that work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents, coordination drawings, and approved submittals.
• Identify and inform field staff of difficult installation requirements in sufficient time to allow for proper planning and execution.
• Manage and secure all municipal and agency documentation required for temporary certificates of information and system operation.
• Create and implement the quality control plan with the Commissioning Manager and Construction Manager.
• Any other ad-hoc responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager needed to support the operation.
• Willing to work at odd hours due to emergency occurrences i.e. to identify cause and effect of any system breakdown and arrange for counter measures after discussion with managers.
• Thorough understanding on IO list for designated projects.
• Knowledge of applicable local codes and standards for controls (IEEE, NEC, and local Malaysia codes).
• Familiarity with Facilities controls systems and related equipment for semiconductor or equivalent industry.
• Experience with field instrumentation needed to support semiconductor or equivalent facilities systems and infrastructure.
• Experienced with Wonderware System Platform or Wonderware InTouch development, communication protocols such as Modbus TCP/IP, PLC programming (Siemens, Allen-Bradley) etc.
• Familiarity with troubleshooting of both hardware and/or software disturbance in terms of automation and control aspect in the projects.
• Minimum of 5 years working experience and an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience relating to control systems. Preferably Electrical/Electronics/Controls Engineering degree.
• Familiar with high-level programming language such as Visual Basic or C++ will be added advantage.
• Understanding of industrial IT networks and infrastructure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational ability, and proficiency with computer applications.
• Computer skills: Ability to use MS Excel/Word to create reports and spreadsheets, MS Outlook, use of MS Project for schedule updates.
• Must be willing to work in Melaka/Penang/Kuala Lumpur
• Willing to relocate if required.