Chief Executive Officer – Development Company (PIF)
On behalf of our client, a leading PIF-backed real estate giga-project in Saudi Arabia, MRG Global is seeking is to engage candidates for the post of Chief Executive Officer.
As CEO, you will be responsible and accountable for the overall operation and management of this development company. You will be looked upon to set the company’s overall strategic direction and priorities and monitor the performance of the company as well as the performance of each of the company’s projects.
The CEO will guide, direct, and lead the Executive Management Team, which is made up of a team of Executive Directors covering Development, Design, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Delivery, Operations and Asset Management.
What’s the package?
As a heavyweight CEO in the Real Estate industry, we expect that you are earning a heavyweight package. Our client is in a position to present a compelling offer which will be both industry and globally leading.
- Unprecedented executive compensation package, including high basic salary, LTIP and bonus.
- Executive travel package with return flights home annually.
- Education assistance for eligible dependents.
- End of service benefit.
- Relocation assistance and allowance for costs.
- Professional development allowance.
- VVIP medical insurance for individual and eligible dependents.
- The most annual leave allowances we have seen at this level, plus remote working allowances
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the required linkage between the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team and provide them with adequate information to carry out their responsibilities.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to the Executive Management Team to carry out major strategic operations and objectives.
- Assist the Board of Directors in setting strategic goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and procedures to enhance its market share, profitability and ROI.
- Conduct a strategic review of performance on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (profitability, increase in market share, return on investment, etc).
- Develop, in coordination with the Executive Management Team, an integrated business plan that optimizes market share and profitability of existing or new activities.
- Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
- Review the operating results of the company & compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of all executives are clearly defined and understood.
- Periodically review and check the performance of the Executive Management Team and recommend remedial action and improvements.
- Promote the companies direction and momentum, its business performance, the positive external impact (image), internal business climate, people and services.
- Act as the principal public relations officer of the company and represent them with major customers, government entities, the financial community, and the public.
- Ensure development of an effective organizational structure and the promotion of a positive internal climate in which management development for succession is nurtured.
- Delegate some responsibilities to appropriate executives in order to ensure smooth running of the company.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal for all executives and recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions.
- Monitor the adherence of employees to guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Recruit, develop, manage and motivate executives and direct reports
Your background and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, Economics or Business Administration (MBA is preferred) or equivalent experience with a minimum of 20 years of related experience.
- Extensive C-level management experience (10+ years).
- Extensive Real Estate Industry experience.
- Strong visionary with proven leadership qualities and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Political awareness, professional expertise, financial orientation, self-starting initiative, cross cultural awareness, organization astuteness and team spirit.
- Ability to select, develop and motivate necessary management talent to maintain the company's overall objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- This position is open to Saudi Nationals and expatriate candidates.
- Experience in the MENA region is preferred, but not a requirement.
What to do next?
Expressions of interest are welcome to be emailed to Matthew.Donovan@mrgglobal.com – I also welcome calls from qualified candidates seeking further information before doing so. As a fully confidential search, we are not able to disclose the name of our client.
Applications are open until Wednesday 1st November, whereupon a shortlist will be submitted, and interviews will be conducted either via Teams or locally, depending on availability and travel.